This is the time in our lives when our children have left home, we have more time to ourselves and are often happier and more content then ever before. It is also a time when we may look much older than we feel and we want to correct that imbalance. Our faces are changing more rapidly now – on every level, so that our resting face may look angry or tired.
Skin is now thinner as our oestrogen levels drop. The damaging effects of the sun- wrinkles, redness, pigmentation are harder to disguise.
Below the skin the fat pads of our youth that gave our faces smooth firm curves have reduced in volume and slipped downwards.
The Bony Framework (Our facial bones) Are receding in a predictable way, mainly in the center of our face, so that our noses widen and tilt downwards, our lips thin as they curl inwards and our chins tilt upwards.Every aspect of facial aging will be discussed and a treatment plan developed at the initial consultation.
- Customised medical skincare is more important at this stage – with high concentration of active ingredients like Vitamin A, which is required to repair and rebuild thin damaged skin.
- Anti-wrinkle Injections (Botox, Dysport , Xeomin) to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and slow their ongoing formation. In the 50`s and 60`s this often includes neck, jawline and down turned mouth, as well as frown + forehead lines and crows feet.
- Dermal Filler: For lines and wrinkles and to replace lost facial volume.
- Nasolabial Folds (Lines/folds from side of nose to corner of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (Lines/folds from corner of mouth to either side of the chin)
- Perioral Lines (To erase ‘smokers’ lines)
- Neck Lines
- Tear Troughs (To correct hollowing under the eyes)
- For Structural replacement to mid-face and jawlines
- Jowls (To smooth the hollow between chin and jawline)
- Lips (To replace lost volume)
- Cheeks (To replace lost volume)
- Temples – to correct age related hollowing
- Backs of Hands
Sun exposure, more than any other known factor, results in premature aging and the development of cancers of the skin. The single most important thing we should do for our skin at every stage of our life is protect it from the sun. Wear a broad spectrum sunblock every day of the year.
Your journey to looking and feeling your best starts with a consultation. Call (09) 376 0404 or text 021 66 55 33 to arrange a time that suits you.